Stevenage Development Board - Independent Chair
Could you help us to shape the future of Stevenage?
We are looking to appoint a Chair to help form the Stevenage Development Board and who shares our bold ambitions for Stevenage.
Building on the energy, confidence and determination for change, the new Stevenage Development Board will oversee growth of the town and lead on the delivery of the Town Investment Plan, working together to meet the aspirations of our residents and businesses.
The role of Chair of the Board is crucial to the success of Stevenage's development. The Chair will be the lead figure for the Board, working closely with Board members to set and steer the project’s direction and to monitor progress. You will monitor the allocation of resources to deliver against the plan, programme and priorities and will oversee the delivery of key elements of the programme, including the monitoring of relevant funding.
The Chair will ensure that the evidence-based Town Investment Plan is developed at pace and aligned with the Town Deal objectives. You will oversee bid proposals, ensuring they are of the highest quality, and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to secure Town Deal Funding to support our regeneration ambitions.
You will help forge and build positive relationships with government and with key stakeholders in business, acting both as an advocate and ambassador. You will also constructively challenge the Board members’ ambition and performance to ensure that the Board’s impact continues to evolve positively.
To be successful in this role, it will be advantageous for you to have recent and relevant experience in the capacity of Chair or Deputy Chair. You will also boast a demonstrable record of leadership and achievement.
About the Stevenage Development Board
The Board’s role is to provide strategic leadership to develop the evidence-based Town Investment Plan and prepare high quality proposals to secure Town Deal Investment. The role of Chair will be to:
- Lead the Stevenage Development Board, including establishment of the Board with key partners.
- Develop a clear vision for the town through a high quality, evidence-based Town Investment Plan in line with the objectives of the Town Deal.
- Work with partners to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Oversee risks and address issues as they arise by acting as a convenor and critical friend to key partners.
- Provide expert advice to stakeholders.
- Champion economic opportunities to galvanise local, regional and national support for the growth and regeneration of the town.
If you think you can help us to drive the regeneration of Stevenage, we want to hear from you. For a detailed discussion about the role, please contact Helen Anderson on 07936 329908.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 7th February 2020.